Blog catalog

Activism & Social Cause Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sunday 27 May 2012


Prodigal son

Many times in life we often forget who we are, who our friends are, and turn away from what is real in our lives for illusions of grandeur. These illusions may be fame, money, or material possessions. While not being destitute, and being well liked is good in life focusing on these values is the great poison of today.

With so much emphasis on advertising of nice products, and smiles of the tanned Hollywood Gods, and,Goddesses it is not impossible to sympathise with people wanting these products, or lifestyles of the famous. In this article what I will endeavor to do is give convincing reasons, and tips to why you should not feel bad if you don't drive a Ferrari, or are not married to Paris Hilton.

For many of us material possesions are the be all, and end all of what to expect in life. This is the case so much that we overlook things in our life that are of significant value. These hidden treasures may be love, or respect of true friends which we forget when seduced by money or fame.

In the end it is often them bailing us out of trouble when we disgrace ourselves publicly while sinking to our lowest point privately. Speaking from personal experience I can attest to this being accurate. For many years I have struggled through my teens. In many ways I was the poster boy for teenage angst.

My lowest point came when in a drunken rage I got into a physical altercation with a person whom I considered more important to me than anything in fact my life in many ways. Needless to say after whatoccurred my long suffering friend quiet rightly walked away from me.

To say I was deeply ashamed at my actions is not even merrited when imagining the inner rot I felt. After all what occured was a debacle of epic proportions I had literarly pushed my friend out of my life, and disgraced myself. In the days, and weeks that followed I had began to become more reclusive, and for a time struggled to accept the beast that raged in me.

Luckily for me in my time of darkness my true friends were around to help me. Sensing what occurred on the night in question was not the real me they stuck by me, and over time I began to turn the corner, and slowly tackle my demons becoming a better person.

My friends helped me despite I forgetting them to satisfy my ego but when I needed them they were around to help me a rather sobering experience if one is honest with themselves. This is why it is important to remember when you pursue things that are illusory like lust, or material possessions because, it is always them that are their for you, and act as a safety valve from disaster.

Another tactic apart from remembering a time in the past when you disgraced yourself pursuiong poisioned fruits , and were burnt to only discover the rock of support of your friends is to engage in community ventures. Community engagement can be a wonderful experience especially as it involves coming together in groups of diverse people to share what time, and skills you all have.

This wonderful experience is because working with other members of the community provides you with the unique opportunity, and responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others. When seeing the smiles of others following your work with them you will understand that despite once again lacking possessions or wealth money will never  match the positive influence you can have on the life of others.

The tactics that I gave you to deal with false promises, and illusions in life should help you to do so but if they do not remember this you allready have enough treasures in life like friends, and the respect of your peers to such an extent that no person dead, or alive could buy it. Just remember that, and you will be fine.

Beverly Hills,California,cities,communications,Hollywood,Los Angeles,postcards,Rodeo Drive,skylines,text,travel,United States,USA

No comments:

Post a Comment